Tuesday, September 13, 2005

 

Tuesday Sept. 13, 2005 - Year 3, Day 176 - signs of change

2C, dew on grass & frost on bridge deck in glorious sunshine – how quickly warm days wane

leaves falling, plants & critters adjust to season change in the making, fall equinox approaching – signs of change, signal a fresh chapter in this year’s life

“One must never lose time in vainly regretting the past nor complaining against the changes which cause us discomfort, for change is the very essence of life. ”
- Anatole France

what signals a new chapter in my life ? or yours ?

how well do we observe our own subtle changes ? . . . are they subtle ?

for me, changes are rarely subtleties – more often they are the product of reaction to something that necessitates change – or the spontaneous reaction to an opportunity that presents itself; though when it comes to my comfort zone, my home, my routine I know I am highly resistant to change

someone wrote: “Mark you are an intense guy, to say the least. If I were not so intimidated by you, I would almost have the courage to invite you for coffee. ” . . . intimidating ! me ?

Mark
342,448

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?