Thursday, September 08, 2005

 

Thursday Sept. 8, 2005 - Year 3, Day 172 - serendipity

9C/48F calm, sunny . . . storm clouds on the horizon

amazing I think, that phenomenon when we think we some person, some circumstance – but when we see the same things through someone else’s lens – or just see people in action in different circumstances, the learning is everywhere every minute – sometimes it is hard to take it all in all the time, like wanting to speak, think & experience every memory of every moment in panavision !

maybe it is like John Muir said about nature – tug on any one thing & you find it attached to every other thing in the world – yesterday felt that way; thanks to hard of many others I get to play a little sometimes

marvelous serendipitous coincidence in how things, people, events & opportunity collide; yesterday was one of those – I came away enriched, smiling, saying hhmmm

it was on of those days where taking 8 hours for golf & a banquet really wasn’t ideal for an exhausted frenzied guy putting finishing touches on something really important, but it was – after all – golf

not that the weather would have mattered, it was a perfect blend of warm, calm & easy pace; it was a day of renewing some old connections, making some new ones . . . connecting with people out of touch for a while . . . for a long while . . . for a very long while; a great day yesterday on the golf course, my cart-make PK was low gross [73]; I was just thrilled to get my 89 playing in the shadow of greatness!

I had 2 calls at the same time last night; KT called from Amsterdam – she’s been out of touch for weeks traipsing around Turkey & sailing the Bosporus; next she’s off on a cook’s tour of Italy . . I miss regular contact with my pal, but clearly the trip is just what she needs – then a chat with JR . . . reconnecting after 15 yrs . . . hhmmm . . . much to catch up on!

tonight/tomorrow I’m off to Edmonton for a couple of days . . work, golf, play & maybe a massage . . I’m looking forward to seeing friends . . . old, new & recycled

life IS good !

Mark
342,568

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?