Sunday, September 18, 2005

 

Sunday Sept. 18, 2005 - Year 3, Day 181 - reach out & build a bridge

5C, a spectacular duplicate of yesterday only quieter; stillness broken by Gusta’s gait & panting . . owner lurching in tow

I wonder, as we [presuming most of us do] profess to be open, accepting, giving, caring, receptive, nuturing . . blather blather blather; why then, do we build walls to keep things in or out ?; why do we espouse those qualities, seek those qualities in others yet rarely do we build a bridge ?

that ‘bridge over troubled water’ an S&G mantra plays in my head

how often do most of us say ‘if you ever need anything, give me a call’ or ‘I’m there for you buddy’ ??

two things happen; when they/we/anyone needs help they aren’t going to call . . . or cry out for help

the other – is that when we know someone is in need; whether that need is some money, a hug, a kind word, some labour or a favour . . . we sit on our hands and our mouth; I know I do more than I care to admit

I’ve been doing that for a couple of days – sitting on a note from Henny; a long time muser from Holland who writes rarely – she wrote:

“It been quiet a long time ago since I wrote to you. I never wrote you that I needed help because of my big financially problems. Now I need some help badly. No money, no one will help me, can’t pay my bills anymore. Soon they will kick me and kids out of the house. Please help me if you can or if there anybody else will help me let them contact me on this address. Sorry for disturbing you. Henny”

I’m not in a position right now to help a lot, but I’m going to help a little; if you can help a little, write to me & I’ll pass on HdJ’s contact info

this Terry Fox Run weekend – I’ve been reflecting on several things; from my first run in a fundraising event [Miles For Millions 1967,68,69] . . to those friends & friend of friends & musers who have been affected by the insidious demon called cancer; of my dad’s prostate cancer experiences, of NC’s swift defeat of the demon or Lauren’s:

to all . . isn’t Lauren’s [LR] note wonderful; in less than 2 years to beat down a leukemia diagnosis with green tea, hard work & a strength of character we can all envy . . . I’m so glad she’s going to be around a long while to be my friend

some days I write lots but get little feedback, other times I write just a little & receive a ton of response; I’ve tried to understand why this is . . . whatever . . . just so great to have these wonderful responses

tempus fugit . . must work now . . bye

Mark
342,328

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?