Tuesday, September 27, 2005

 

September 27 responses

Hi mark my heart goes out to any of the musers who are facing the terminal illness and death of a loved one. Having just gone through a year of this as my mum died and the dialogue with a sibling brother and knowing my own sons were thousands of miles away, it is all still a very open wound. What I do know is that grief is the price you pay for loving.... as simple as that. Cancer actually give you the chance to say all the things perhaps left unsaid in the past and to chose and give last presents with such thought.... so a blessing kinda in disguise, it must be so sad to deal with a sudden death and no goodbye time.... We all know we are gonna die, we all know our parents may die before us, so we are in part prepared, the shock is the knowing.... the legacy is in the loving that those loved ones gave us and we now pass on to our children and children’s children... may God bless all who are on this road at this time....SUZY, SF
. . .
To SM, my condolences on the news you received of your mother. About 5years ago my father got the same news and although a shock to my mother,3 sisters and I, we took the time that we were given (6 - 12 months) asan opportunity to let Dad know just how much we loved him and what he meant to our lives. One sister in Africa, myself in BC, than Calgary and Mom and Dad in Ontario. Fortunately we had no hatchets to bury in our family. In the 12 months that Dad had, I was back to see them 5 times, seeing him more in that year than I did when we lived 1 1/2 hours away. Take the time over weekends to fly out to see your mom, credit cards, line of credit, whatever it takes. You will thank yourself inthe years to come. I am constantly thankful that I had all the time I did with him. All the best., SH
. . .
the tibetan test? is it the tibetan eye chart? only wondering as years ago i found it and i believe it works. that was in my incarnation as an alternative health care provider. your friend's mother has cancer; projecting ourselves into the future always promotes fear, is there a way to have an action and/or a thought that is right here and now? i enjoyed the site you sent and saw your photo, is this most recent? your eyes seem very alive which is very attractive and your emotional aliveness , your energy level, and your creative-ness are very attractive as well. xoxo, MF
. . .
Mark, the Cancer C fear word doesn't have to be the end. I have seen many miraculous things with friends and neighbors. I liked the quotes about writers! FA
. . .
Sandra here in Idaho. I had an 'aha!" moment when I read your quote by Anna Quindlen....."searching endlessly for someone wonderful who would step out of the darkness and change my life. It never crossed my mind that that person could be ME!" Love and acceptance of myself, warts and all, is not selfish and conceited; it is the most healthy, mature thing I can do. Then I am able to love out of fullness, not emptiness or illusion that the "right" man will rescue me and save me from singleness, as if that's a disease! I've been telling myself that I've GOT to have a love relationship in order to be happy. Really? Is that true? I'm going to take a deep breath, be loving to myself today. I am not a half of anything. I am a whole, complete woman, full and overflowing, growing, changing, responding, giving. Thanks Mark for giving a little daily reminder to jog us out of subtle lies that rob us of joy and celebration!! , SW
. . .
RE: knock, knock: Back to work today after six days of travel and learning. I was getting somewhat "disappointed" in the ordinariness of your musing. Then I read this one...thanks for having the courage to knock on my door. Ordinary or profound, it is all human contact. AJB.
. . .
Comforting to get to have "My musing",,,, and gratis compliments of Holiday Inn Express and free breakfast too. Just at the Northern California border,,,on to San Diego manana and a day anything but in my 'dark side sport trak' Just a lil wound up and getting mused before bed instead of 1st thing in the morning. thanx for a comfort of home! , TA

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?