Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

September 22 responses

Hi, Mark. I'm off to Italy for a couple of weeks so ask that you please suspend me from your circulation list. Thanks!, RT
. . .
Hi Mark Wondering if you could forward to me, too, this Tibetan dealie of which youspeak. Suggestion...if you're getting lots of requests, you might want to just put it up on the blog? Also, a couple thoughts on web project...we should chat., JS
. . .
I recently attended a conference (in my favourite place in the world on the Wet Coast) and one of the speakers addressed listening. She told a cute story that occurred with her own 5 year old son. She was busy preparing dinner and he repeatedly said "Mommy!". Each time she would say "Yes, Michael" continuing to work on the dinner preparations. Finally, Michael said "Mommy, listen to me!" to which she replied "I am listening". His answer was "Mommy, listen with your eyes!". What a profound statement. This message is so true... if we are not looking at the person with sincere interest it certainly appears at least that we are not truly listening., BM
. . .

OK, I'm curious, pass that Tibetan challenge along, although I'm not crazy about puzzles I can't solve in 10 seconds. I think you should have a dog picture day, where we all send in pictures of our dogs, and you get to pass them along to the rest of us. I didn't realize it was the first day of fall. How depressing., SB
. . .
Hi Mark, Could you please send me the Tibetan Challenge as well? I began receiving your daily inspirations two weeks ago. Now it has become part of my daily reflections every morning before I start working. Thank you so much., VL
. . .
Good morning Mark. Thanks for the laugh re 'lottery win'. And I, too, am wondering if you might send me the Tibetan Challenge? Tks in advance, KJ
. . .
Dear Mark , I can't open the file either. I would have to download and pay for the power point program so if any one else got it open I'd appreciate a copy as well. and speaking of empty nesters MY SON JUST MOVED OUT!!!!!! After a lifetime of raising a large family and my Mothers children as well.. I am an empty nester!!!! HOORAY!!! The silly thing is he actually called amazed that I wasn't mad :) Life is a wonderful thing, Biggest Hugs, AI
BTW, on QVC (the shopping channel on cable), we have an hour next week, yes this is bragging I am proud. :)

Mark - I am sorry that your sweet summer romance did not appear. I wished for a fall romance last year. I found what I thought was the love of my life. We shared four intimate and loving seasons together. I can also honestly say that we also grew to be each others best friends. He requested last night that we change the direction of our relationship but remain in contact daily as very close friends. I am heart broken. Has anyone out there been able to take away the romantic ingredient and continue as a confidant and best friend? I feel this is possible if you both equallyagree to end the relationship as it was. I don't feel this can work if one is hoping for more. What do fellow musers feel? VBL
. . .
Finally, yes a comment from the Fort. Many things seem to be about location and timing, not just real estate - being in a certain place at a certain time often impacts our lives in both large and small ways. And it's the little ways that in the end sometimes make the biggest difference. A book from a friend that gives a new path or inspiration, a smile, a phrase or a small act that can change things forever. And while eyes and ears open is important, without an open heart through which to view and hear, we may not realize the real opportunities about location, location, location and timing, timing timing...., SC
. . .
Dear Mark: I love to read your muse reflection of life as they truly are applicable toeveryone. Mark I have been married for over 35 years and it is only my opinion but I think you are looking at this in the wrong direction. Perhaps if you found enjoyable company doing what you want to do a friendship would evolve and from that who knows. Remember when you were young and foolish and your mother would say little steps. Success is made up of little steps and sometimes you may find yourself going backwards but that is okay too as you have pointed out previously that mistakes are a positive factor in ones life as you are constantly learning and stepping forward from them. Just someone who has a little Ann Landers advice to give. Take it or leave it. Keep your insights going as they have a tendency to ground people as to where they should be reflecting on life everyday. Thanks, SM
. . .
Sunny & warm in Vancouver today, hoping you're well. Was wondering if you're still planning a publication? DB, in-joying life, out on the coast
. . .
Mark: I'm back up in Calgary on business this week from Houston ... not able to return due to the incoming Huricane Rita ... my family is evacuating as we speak, albeit at a snails pace. Please keep thoughts of safety for not only my family, but friends and relatives who will undoubtably be affected by the storm. I hope to return to Houston and reunite with my family on Sunday ... provided that there is infrastructure to return too .... to my wife, daughter and dog, my prayers are with you., JWT

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?