Saturday, September 24, 2005

 

Saturday Sept. 24, 2005 - Year 3, Day 187 - knock, knock

golden retriever must be the Gaelic term for ‘garbage disposal’ - my slightly sick pup got rid of her problem & friskiness resumed; we walked/galloped through gold & orange scenery like a slow motion movie . . at 0C, no frost, no warmth . . just brilliant blue, chill & stillness

knock, knock . . who’s there ?

I am trying to be more observant of opportunity; it resides in each chance meeting, unexpected phone call [though I’m leaving wrong numbers alone!], tangential tentacle of a conversation

trying to detect nuances of warmth – is it a handshake & ‘just a mechanical gesture’ ?

I try to detect more ‘genuine character’ in people I meet – sometimes pressing too soon too deeply with intrusive questions

I have nearly 6 billion people left to meet and only 342,184 hours left to do it, so . . . knock, knock

I want to be the knocker, the door & the frame . . grabbing opportunity when it knocks; not letting go until I am clear it is not for me – moving on swiftly if it is not – focusing on the great opportunities when I am certain . . . not letting go of it

starting something new – anything – when ‘unfinished business’ sits piled everywhere is something I often question; I know starting new initiatives all the time is a business constant – why not the same with people ?

is it real, is it worth it, can I win ?, long my mantra in business, is worthy of being applied more universally in my life

with this email, I’m knocking on 4,701 doors this morning . . many of you are home; each of you can teach me many things . . .

anybody there ? . . . knock, knock
Mark
342,184

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?