Saturday, September 17, 2005

 

Saturday Sept. 17, 2005 - Year 3, Day 180 - touch

frost on roof tops & car windows drenched in condensation; the wet grass makes for a happy dog; 2C in brilliant sunshine . . . Saturday morning quiet everywhere

touch . . . a simple word . . .an online dictionary I searched had 42 meanings; touch, touching someone, being touched; these are but words on a page unless you think about them . . . then they acquire meaning; yet I expect to many, they are meaningless

to most of us though, I think, they describe a trough

a trough of feelings, of energy - to feed upon, the satisfaction of a deep yearning

the need to touch & to be touched

someone described it as something, the absence of which, hurts deeply when witnessed in others, an ache deep inside because she did not have that

basic human need, so strong

we see it everywhere & don’t notice

perhaps like many things we don’t think about much when we have them; but when we don’t we can think of little else

some people say ‘why did you get a dog?’; and while there are many answers to that, the one that means the most is that of ‘a companion, to cozy up to, to hold, stroke, nuzzle, to wrestle with’ . . .

a need we all have, satisfied best by a companion of the opposite gender, but then again, dogs don’t push back on things you say !

then again, the difference between a human companion & a dog is that my dog has no need for me to say anything; she is happy just to sleep near me, as she is now

I had a pleasant evening with a new old friend JG, or is that old new friend ? in any event, lots to talk about

lunch today with my dad & some writing; newsletter writing tomorrow + a trip out to Millarville for a Fall Equinox party – CB’s my date so we’ll have the first time to really catch up since Christmas . . way too long to not see good friends

on query about Gusta’s picture: I sent it only to a list of people who had previously expressed interest – if someone wants a picture, just send me a note & I will send it along

it seems some days I write a lot & get little response; some days I write less begetting lots of feedback ; I’ve tried to figure this out without success – just want to say thank you to those of you who do write, I really appreciate the feedback

Mark
342,352

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?