Friday, September 16, 2005

 

Friday Sept. 16, 2005 - Year 3, Day 179 - you are all you've got

5C, overnight drizzle continues, our walk quiet & gloomy under low hanging cloud

I found a couple of really great quotes . . . spectacular in themselves, intriguing when you consider their sources:

"Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got." - Janis Joplin

“Older women are like aging strudels - the crust may not be so lovely, but the filling has come at last into its own. ” - Robert Farrar Capon

[I never heard of Capon; Google helped me learn he is a writer & former priest who loves to cook – he has woven food into much of his writing . . including several cook books]

I’ve played with kids my own age, I’ve dabbled with youngsters, I’ve ogled nubile arm candy – but my most memorable experiences with the fairer sex has been with older women; intense intriguing relationships all; most of my prospecting in recent years has been – spectacularly without success – with younger women

time, perhaps, to once again consider ‘women of a certain age’

hhmmm

Mark
342,376

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?