Wednesday, August 24, 2005

 

Wednesday Aug. 24, 2005 - Year 3, Day 157 - just a walk the rain

7C, raining heavily, windy . . . wonderful; walking, or should I say ‘trying vainly to keep up to’, a romping water dog in the rain is one of the most entertaining outdoor early morning experiences you can imagine . . . more laughter - a call from KT in Istanbul laughing about but not enjoying a combo of telecom & flight connection calamities

my yesterday was highly productive capped by a great sleep . . not sure about today – BC is taking me to lunch, a full writing day & toastmasters this evening

do we see people clearly – or just the brave exterior they present ?

a friend contacted me for help yesterday, someone who has helped me often in countless little ways; . . . not sure I was much help; someone who has been doing so much good for himself & those around him . . someone I am in touch with frequently . . I had no idea he was feeling low . . or that he had reason to

I am wondering about 2 things; 1st, how do I help my friend ?

2nd, do I see only what I want to see, missing what is really there ?

hhmmm !????

a little prescription for you my friend:

just take a walk the rain - or if it’s not raining, walk anyway ‘imagining’ cold drops scooting down your nose & landing on your chin . . breath the air & keep walking . . you are perfectly suited to be you . . . you have the power to do all you have done & more

you are a champion in my mind any day . . rain or shine

Mark
342,908

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?