Wednesday, August 10, 2005

 

Wednesday Aug. 10, 2005 - Year 3, Day 143 - pro-crastination

Gusta went a little berserk in the wet; mostly I like the quiet in the park, just the sound of water splashing off leaves dripping on the ground & the splat splat splat on the pavement; 10C, chilly & walking in steady drizzle with an old Dean Martin song in my head, I think the title was ‘Houston’, that line ‘I’m just walkin’ in the rain . .’ going round & round - can’t shake it; a good day to walk & ponder in the rain

I work in a whirl of detail detail detail – it runs through my work life like location location location – it is everywhere and I am good at it

yet, where I fail most is through procrastination on my own world of detail - personally & corporately my ‘keeping up’ most often entails putting things on the correct pile, in the right file or in ‘the correct box’ knowing full well the joy of opening it at tax time compounds the work and most things cannot be left that long thanks to reminder notices from Ottawa !

I keep good records & do great accounting meticulously when I do it, but I so hate the doing of it that any procrastination will suffice

putting another piece of paper on the pile . . to do tomorrow . . but then tomorrow is always a day away

today or tomorrow brings a phone call or some other source of the next great potential project or the next opportunity to compete for an assignment – then tomorrow becomes the day after tomorrow

procrastination should be a word revered like other words starting with ‘pro’ proactive, promote, provide, prosper - when it comes to procrastination, I’m a pro

while it is agonizingly dull & boring there is a relief I get after getting record keeping up to date that is like banging my head against the wall – it feels so good when its over !

rainy weather predicted through the weekend; paper pushing & number crunching will be my entertainment . .

I’m just walkin’ in the rain . .

Mark
342,244

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?