Tuesday, August 09, 2005

 

Tuesday Aug. 9, 2005 - Year 3, Day 142 - new idea day

witnessing perfection in the morning is a great way to start the day; whether looking at a 6 month old pup, a 1 year old doe or any of my memories looking at my children – free to enjoy life without any worries beyond ‘when do we eat?’ to trouble them; 12C, cloudy, chance of showers as our walk this morning involved some ‘up close staring time’ at each other with 2 young does, a pause then deer & dog wanted to rush off, their interest in food greater than their interest in each other

I read something the other day about looking back at things you did a year ago to see how much of those efforts, ideas, initiatives are alive & well today vis-à-vis those that evaporated along the way

many of the things I was focused on last August are long gone

a useful exercise I suppose to recognize fruitless energy . . .the waste

hindsight is not particularly productive

but what about things I am doing right now ?

a year from now, which ones will be flourishing ?

which ones will be going or gone from memory . .

this technique may not be for everyone, but I try to think of something imaginative, bold, daring & with potential . . . I do that every day every year . . . which produces way too many notes tucked in files or buried in piles, it produces way too many distractions . . . but it produces other things far more worthwhile

it inspires me to pursue opportunities, however remote
it inspires me to dare where others dare not
it inspires me to look forward rather than back
it inspires me to take chances, it inspires me to explore new opportunities, to plow new fields of endeavor

of all the things on my plate I know there will be carnage in some, successes in others; a year from now I will look back and enjoy them all because each taught lots

every day is a ‘new idea day’ if you let it me

every day offers the opportunity to look forward or backward – to do a little each day is a good thing – just never look back with regret

most go attack the pile & go touring properties with my protégé . . tic toc

Mark
342,268

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?