Thursday, August 11, 2005

 

Thursday Aug. 11, 2005 - Year 3, Day 144 - hunger & patience

6C chill greeted us as we walked around the lagoon, Gusta observes flotilla of Canada geese, calculating her attack strategy; my eyes on the horizon as sunrise would come soon, as it did, flooding our landscape with he chartreuse end of the spectrum

how do we recognize the real thing when it shows up ? I hunger for that

whether the ‘great job’, the great lead, the great bargain, the great opportunity, the great lover . . .I don’t mean just ordinary superlatives here; but when greatness comes knockin’ are you listening, paying attention & recognizing it for what it could be ?

I often wonder about that . . . it could be an email from a stranger, a call from someone saying ‘check this out’ or a connection with someone who smiles a lot . . . it could be my next great best opportunity every, it could be my great opportunity to know joyousness . . .

will I just know ? or do I need to be hit on the head with it! I hunger to know the answer

will it be a Canmore, Calgary . . or far off land connection; will my joy be found at home or traveling, will my pleasure come from proactive pursuit . . or from that old alliance with patience

oh how I value patience; I admire those who have enough of it

maybe one day I will . .

yesterday capped with a Toastmasters meeting, our first in a new place . . . with a new ‘apres-Toastmasters’ venue too; group dynamics, new people, democracy in action & great speeches too

I’m ravenous

breakfast downtown with JJ . . gotta run

Mark
342,220

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?