Sunday, August 21, 2005

 

Sunday Aug. 21, 2005 - Year 3, Day 154 - dawn’s early light

calm quiet on mosquito path this morning . . . air & breeze in short supply as swarms prompted running; 9C, going to 30 . . a lazy Sunday morn; some reading, coffee, more reading, more coffee till some jackhammer toting jack__s spoils solitude

busy day yesterday; brief chat with daughter Krista, lunch with my dad, an email with dragon boat news in a note from birthday gal BS . . sounds like life could not be much better; dinner plans with CB got scuttled so Gusta & I hung out, she had her first butterscotch ripple experience

much earlier I found myself . . . awake, alone, aware

dawn’s early light found me longing for familiar touch

not a new touch or an old touch - but for familiarity someone who knows me would have, shared familiarity - when movement in silence is all you need, like a dance . . . without music or steps

awake, alone, aware

someone who knows me well enough to finish my sentence . . . but doesn’t; someone who shares my ache for her being . . . someone who gets me

awake, alone, aware

perhaps a touch of melancholy with my coffee

it’s 2 years since that sweet summer romance – I glimpsed an old flame in passing yesterday – I saw her, she did not notice me

no chat, just a glimpse . . . . of memories, good & bad; of heat & enlightenment & sweet summer solitude for a brief while when movement in silence was all we needed . . . like a dance without music or steps

a glimpse at a memory of dawn’s early light . .

maybe in September . . when dawn is not so early, when dawn is cool
dawn's early light keeps me warm

Mark
341,980

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?