Saturday, August 20, 2005

 

Saturday Aug. 20, 2005 - Year 3, Day 153 - what to do, what not to do

a long walk to the bridge - several big trees fallen from the ‘new’ bank of Fish Creek; sunny 9C start to a leisurely day

expressing anger, frustration or making a strong point is curious behaviour for all of us; I enjoy observing that behaviour in others, not so much when observing me, observing my behaviour

I’ve wondered - if we planned confrontations the way we might compose a letter, a speech, a proposal . . with a beginning, a middle & an end ? . . would that be better

2 attempts this morning . . 1 effective, the other, not so sure

it seems to me that is a more productive approach than an argument that appears ‘in the moment’ where some folks ‘go with the flow’; I had 2 conversations this morning; in each I made my point - in one I was successful making my point with a beginning, a middle & an end - the other, not so sure

a pile of work & an urge to play confront me today . . . not enough time or energy to do it all; tough to choose . . I am reminded of a phrase I apply often to business prospects, projects and prospective personal relationships too – “is it real, is it worth it, can I win ?”

the Globe & Mail is late again – things to do, errands, variables in my day . . company coming . . or not ? . . . many things to do, but some will be for naught . . . but which ? this morning already littered with calls, emails & ‘stuff’ – some good & some not; it’s BS’s birthday today - happy happy

BS & MI & DP & others too; have a read of the note from JT, it will warm you to know Joe has discovered an interesting social by-product to those code changes we have fought so hard for

Mark
342,004

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?