Monday, August 22, 2005

 

Monday Aug. 22, 2005 - Year 3, Day 155 - ‘tis time

a brisk short walk with Gusta; she seems so relieved yesterday’s heat has abated . . 10C & sunny this morning

yesterday was a great day for r&r . . hanging with my dawg & getting my FacilityCalgary issue constructed & sent . . . a long day & evening in heat

the heat made sleep difficult, but my work left me very accepting of sleep

so now begins another Monday - which for many is a rat race, or at least a race in some form; it must be because the furrowed brows as cars race out of the neighbourhood competing for arterial roads, lurching to reach freeway speed . . . they appear so resigned & unhappy

my day began with an email from a collaborator on a project – a minor role player to be sure – arguing we should submit less, do less & try less hard at this particular stage

his reaction to an ‘outline’ that involves miniscule work from him surprised me; not sure of his approach . . is it naiveté, ambivalence or laziness or if he just likes to be a wet blanket on Monday morning . . maybe he left his neighbourhood with a furrowed brow & had a rough drive on his freeway !

‘tis time to launch the efforts of a new week, to move things along, to carry along with last week’s momentum . . to build this week’s

KT leaves for a sailing trip to Turkey + adventuring around Europe . . . just what the Dr. ordered; I’m a tad jealous of tripping around Geneva, Amsterdam, Frankfurt & ancient waters . . . I’ll miss the daily contact but rumour has it reports & photos might find their way to us . .

‘tis time to head out to my series of meetings & errands .. gotta furrow my brow & get out there

Mark
342,956

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?