Friday, August 26, 2005

 

Friday Aug. 26, 2005 - Year 3, Day 159 - warming up for the real game

11C, flawless sky in Calgary, glorious sunrise; it was quite a sight, Gusta greeting 2 deer as calmly as many times before - but then she elected to give chase, surprising herself more than both fawns – nothing runs like a deer !

pondering mistakes I’ve made – not just this week – but over time; mistakes in work & play & life & relationships

dumbest things I’ve ever done . . . let mistakes derail me & let great people slip away

smartest things I’ve ever done . . . hang on to the people I’ve made them with & keep on trying

sometimes judges sentence guilty parties to ‘time served’ which might describe some relationships along the way where a moment longer would be too long - we’ve all had our share of those

with some people we meet the ‘time served’ seems, looking back, like just a warm up for the real game yet to come

I’ve been guilty of not trying hard enough to try again with those I’ve lost; to have a chance to work again with, play again with, smile again with, hold hands again with

I know the recent past has been a better experience in that regard; some of my best friends & most interesting collaborators are people I’ve made some of my greatest mistakes with – but we have learned so much, come so far - we are so much better now . . . war wounds & all !

I’ll keep making mistakes, creating flawed plans & do-over opportunities

we’ve made plenty of mistakes but never burned a bridge; yesterday we burned up the Shawnee Slopes course – too bad their was no gallery to witness our spectacular shots – we discussed very little business considering 6 hours of opportunity however it seems we made progress solving a few of the world’s problems . . . thanks heaps Kevin, it was worth every minute spent

arriving home from golf, a call from RS . . . musing on our latest JV project in Toronto – oh, I do like playing in the sandbox with all these smart kids !

To MB: your retirement farewell last night was extraordinary - you were gracious & funny as always. Once you’ve warmed up those new Pings, give me a call . . . I’d love to take a lesson from the world’s greatest sandbagger (kudos to EA, organizer extraordinaire)

I’m warming up for the real game . . .

Mark
342,860

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?