Friday, August 19, 2005

 

Friday Aug. 19, 2005 - Year 3, Day 152 - fruit & fibre

chilly start, 4C, brilliant sunrise greets cloudless sky; I felt more like Gusta than every yesterday - a series of energy spurts & inspiration woven throughout my day . .

starting a day with fruit & fibre is supposed to be good for digestion & keeps a happy colon

my : is smiling; juicy people can teach you a lot about fibre . . . about many things; when people come & go in your life there is no reason to not keep them around, keep them in your life; not always possible or smart, but often I think people miss these golden opportunities

sometimes, when we least expect it things we have done & how we have treated someone come back to haunt us . . but usually in a very nice way; in a sense like having your past catch up to you with a smile . . with the touch of a hand . . . or a phone call . . or an email at any time of the day

in my life – like yours, we have family . . . they come with the territory, we don’t choose them; then there are the others in our lives who matter; I have a collection . . of treasures, I keep collecting with no end point in sight or in mind

2 gems from my collection on my mind this morning . . .

two women who have been & continue to be the finest of friends, each epitomize grace under pressure – strong willed, brilliant stars, profound influences, dealing with joy & pain & joy & pain more than most of us deserve – each far away; SC & KT both made contact yesterday

we have shared so much joy & pain & laughter & tears

I’ve wondered what it would be like to connect the two of them – while worlds apart in many ways, they have much in common besides the string attached to my heart

joy is everywhere - so is pain; precious are those opportunities when treasured friends let us share both

Mark
342,028

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?