Friday, August 12, 2005

 

Friday Aug. 12, 2005 - Year 3, Day 145 - chop & slice are not golf terms

9C, showery weather ending today . . . supposedly, warm weekend expected, wet happy dog, wet happy owner – love walking in the rain & getting wet [so long as it is not too cold], papers & breakfast out of the way . . time to get in some keystrokes

“What we anticipate seldom occurs; what we least expected generally happens.”
– Benjamin Disraeli

I am looking forward to some un-expected things . . . but with great anticipation

around the corner, in the middle, in the front, at the back under everything there is something interesting awaiting my discovery . . . it may come from poking & prodding & probing deeply, but the best insights come better from merely observing; I like observing others, I often dislike observing my own actions – not because they are bad or sinister or anything like that, but because close self observation carries with it a duty to examine, reflect, look inward – then harder work follows . . . some days I would like a day off from that; but not today !

workload & weather predictions cancelled today’s plan for golf . . KK & I will have to find a dry day soon when our desks are clear . . .

last night friend & computer wiz WB came over . . . he scanned & probed & ferreted out some Trojans [I don’t mean condoms!] & further inoculated my little black box – amazing how much faster it runs; amazing too the comfort level of feeling again I can rely on things without a sense of being infiltrated by ill-willed demons; thanks again Warren . . my ‘about:blank’ eradicator

this morning, frenetic mix of work & errands; this afternoon a pile to read + work & clean & chop & slice . . company coming this evening; dinner with a new friend, she says she likes fish, so I’m thinkin’ seabass or salmon ? . . . or shrimp ?

chop & slice are not golf terms . . . at least till tomorrow, when they will be

happy weekend all

Mark
342,196

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?