Tuesday, August 23, 2005

 

August 23 responses

Often I don't feel I relate to your musings, but today you hit a chord. I have never thought of considering my life in such a way. As the comedian says; 'how come there is a date on your birth certificate - but not on your death certificate', we tend not to think in this manner. By doing so, you have made me realize the increasing value of the time I have left. 424,638. I also liked your thoughts on life as a dress rehearsal. I have always marveled at people who do just that, spend hours and hours of their life practicing for such a 'small' performance. I guess in retrospect, we all do. Thanks for the musings, keep them coming, SB
. . .
Hi Mark greetings from a wild and windy Scottish hillside. Good to be home but so hard leaving tall, handsome sons at Vancouver airport and wondering when will I see them again ? The recent words re loneliness and living alone make me realize that I may be odd being happy in that the curator of my happiness is actually myself. The days when my happiness was dependant on another have long gone and whilst I enjoy the pleasures in all respects of a close friend and companion I value above all else my space and time and place alone. As I walked by a Scottish lochside today I noticed on the same branch a large sprig of bright red berries and below a smaller bunch of raw green berries... kinda signifies our life and stages... are we at the full blown red ripe stage or still at the green, new shoots stage or even past flowering at all ??Hope all readers who live alone find time to count the blessings in their sole existence cos there are many....from a very jet lagged SUZY XX, SF

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?