Tuesday, July 19, 2005

 

Tuesday July 19, 2005 - Year 3, Day 121 - felt good

+11C, clearing up, light breeze; I return winded & refreshed – it felt good sprinting to the park & back in Gusta’s draft; it’s not her running speed that amazes me as much as that acceleration ; wonder-pup at my feet nibbling toes, resting before her next cycle of gorge, run, poop, sleep takes over

I find it interesting, how our culture uses the phrase ‘self-made’ to describe people who are highly successful, which presumes I suppose the converse of failures of ‘self-destroyed’

while most people in the middle of those extremes struggle I think to be ‘self-aware’ as society pays short shrift to those very many people in the middle who, in their own ways, probably struggle & succeed as much or more than the guy who invented the best next new thing & struck it rich

the great freedom of the ultra-rich & the ultra-poor, is the great freedom to try new things, to experiment, to go in new directions, while most are ‘people in the middle’ , creatures of an environment in which creativity & individualism are heralded in politically correct terms while reality for many is that no such freedom is felt

how have your felt lately ?

adrenaline rush, excitement of acceleration, of getting things going, of overcoming inertia intoxicates; yet when things calm down, I sometime collapse to rest, to sleep much like the
I’ve read my share of motivation related material; the ‘gag-me’ Tony Robbins genre does not de$erve di$cussion - most of the rest written from the perspective of how to motivate others, how to lead people in a way that this surge occurs in them, of themselves, by themselves

each of these books fails of course, because the ‘stuff’ that generates that momentum is within me, just as it is within you or any other person; the trick is to unlock, unleash it to be free and unfettered – let it be felt

felt, a wool fabric

felt, the past tense of the verb ‘to feel’
felt anything extraordinary lately ? I mean in your mind JJ . . in your mind !
get feeling, get going, get doing – never felt better


Mark
342,872

responses invited – scroll down to fill in your comments

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?