Tuesday, July 12, 2005

 

Tuesday July 12, 2005 - Year 3, Day 114 - each teach

+10C, sunny, another beautiful day blossoms as Gusta & I sprint along our trail; I try to keep up, running most of the way behind hyper garbage-disposal dog who seems to get her roles mixed; retrieving is one thing, but who taught her to swallow ?
. . .
struck by the luck, randomness & mysterious way in which a set of words moves another person to an emotional, guttural response I try to peel away my bravado to search for the value in deeply emotional experiences – sometimes I do it by observing someone else share theirs
. . .
for a special someone who includes me in their experience:
“Sorrows cannot all be explained away. In a life truly lived, grief and loss accumulate like possessions.” - Stephen Kanfer
. . .
the more I read of writers, writing & striving to understand success/lack of success in their work together I find the angst descriptions all too familiar; Berton says: read, write, rewrite . . . repeat daily
. . .
what seems to work best, is to write from my belly, write my angst, write my foibles – each day I fail to see enough, understand enough, empathize enough to feel like I am of any real value; but then someone reminds me that I do, then someone else chimes in to reinforce that or make another point
. . .
my point – I have one – is that the agony, ecstatic moments & flavorless blahs each teach if we take the moments to listen & learn
. . .
good morning . . . repeat daily !
. . .
Mark
343,040

responses invited – scroll down to fill in your comments

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?