Thursday, July 07, 2005

 

Thursday July 7, 2005 - Year 3, Day 109- Year 3, Day 108 - change of direction, or not

+10C, sunny, calm
. . .
I got my tranquility back & the park got its calm – Gusta got her dew-fix roaming tall grass
. . .
I’ve been thinking about things I’ve started – particularly ones that are stalled; not the dead ones in the closed files, not the ‘interrupted/delayed/pending’ files parked in the ‘arrested development’ pile, but rather ones I’ve not moved forward though there is no apparent reason not to
. . .
my excuses to self seem the same year after year; not enough time, not ready yet, something more pressing came along, circumstances changed requiring a re-think, etc. etc. . . all valid rationalizations
. . .
interesting term: valid rationalizations
. . .
today might be different; I wonder if it will ?
. . .
‘at a crossroads’ is a curious term for decision/indecision, for opportunity, for change of direction, or not; multiple choices of which standing still & retreating are no less valid than any other direction
. . .
Callahan said, ‘he won’t get far on foot’ . . . an easy jest for a quadriplegic; if I strike out in a new direction, how far will I get ?
. . .
I talk about it in a theoretical sense, but I know I have struck out in a new direction – to most people including those who know me well the change is not readily apparent
. . .
DB’s speech on planning at Toastmasters last night got me thinking about detours; reminds me a lot of Frost’s fork in the road . . and Yogi Bera’s fork in the road and this:

“Establishing goals is all right if you don't let them deprive you of interesting detours.”
- Doug Larson
. . .
if I strike out in a new direction, how far will I get ?
. . .
each day I have a finite volume of energy; like a dollar where I can only spend 100 cents, I can only spend my energy until there is none left – the key of course to use up the entire 100 every day because tomorrow I will wake up with a fresh supply of energy & time
. . .
energy + time – consumption + a smile = exhausted & happy
. . .
I have a full day, a full plate & plans to get fully exhausted later !
. . .
Mark
343,160
. . .
Note to readers: responses invited – just scroll down to fill in your comments

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?