Thursday, July 14, 2005

 

Thursday July 14, 2005 - Year 3, Day 116 - you & I connect

good morning musers,
. . .
+8C, sunny glorious morn as we walk/jog to the park & back, Gusta’s speed first thing in the morning makes me wonder if I should delay her breakfast
. . .
slightly winded, I return to my keyboard – what should I write ? it occurs to me one part of the success of these musings [ie: growth of audience] is that there are things many of you like which should remain unchanged [ie: first thing in the morning, DAILY, formatting etc.] yet if this process is going to develop beyond a combo of my somewhat self serving diary & diatribe with occasional soapbox moments for some of you, then it must regularly morph a little – progress some – evolve
. . .
maybe some of you need or want that or maybe I just need that to happen for me
. . .
as I come recent musings with some written a year or 2 ago I see several trends – better writing, fewer response ratio-to-readership, far higher quality responses [YOUR writing + expression of feelings/points of view has grown too], more thought, fewer laughs & some extraordinary connections among some of you who have never met; disparate in terms of locale, lifestyle – yet connected by this singular daily thread
. . .
so, what to change ? . . many things, few things, everything or stop altogether ?
. . .
stopping is not an option
. . .
I’ve often solicited feedback; like bovine cud-chewing – some for spitting out, some for digesting– some I’ve digested & reflected in my output, some I’ve ignored & some I’ve discarded as the dung it was [unkind words sometimes accompany ‘unsubscribe’ notes ]
. . .
counterpoint offered gently by some, abruptly by others; some of you call or write to reinforce for me what musings means to you – I am in your debt
. . .
sometimes something else happens – I notice it more often & feel it more deeply when the connection is with someone I’ve known . . or whose writing I’ve known for a long time; but sometimes this happens with someone I’ve connected with more recently
. . .
that something is realizing that an outstretched finger tip, a ‘send’ button, a telephone or just a thought expressed while smiling can communicate love & caring across thousands of miles, or hundreds or across a room
. . .
every day these fingertips tickle some keys, reach out to touch some unknown portion of 4100 of you – sometimes you ignore, delete, disagree or do not care; but some days we make a connection you & I
. . .
you & I are on the same page, have the same thought, have the same experience – see it the same way or, as is more often the case, see it in some different way
. . .
GD said the other day she is distressed when she turns on her blackberry @ 8:30 AM if the Musings are not there . . . wondering if something has gone off track in my life; no better thanks could be ever given this humble writer than someone eager to read what I’ve just written
. . .
some days I have trouble generating a drop or two; some days it pours out
. . .
some days it runs over & some days I beg for help to fill-er-up
. . .
musings works – like many things, because people keep it together; I am but a piece of glass-hub in the middle allowing some of you to see right through me to see someone else’s world, some see a reflection of some kind that generates a smile, a thought, a frown – but something that says I have moved you
. . .
write on
. . .
to kk, write-on
to KK, scuba diving in Mexico, happy 50th tomorrow !!
to KT & SM, I read somewhere that the dull ache of loss is replaced by a milder ache that turns to a smile punctuated by a tear or two – my thoughts are with you both
. . .
you & I connect; not ‘we’
. . .
but you & I
. . .
Mark
342,992

responses invited – scroll down to fill in your comments

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?