Sunday, July 10, 2005

 

Sunday July 10, 2005 - Year 3, Day 112 - friendship & benefits

+10C, sunny, calm
. . .
Gusta found only the very best fresh green burrs to decorate her coat as Krista & I braved ‘way too many mosquitoes’ as we got our ‘pound the path’ workout
. . .
home now . . dog brushed & de-burred
. . .
slogan’s like ‘don’t leave home without it’ and ‘membership has many benefits’ should apply to more than credit cards; it should apply to friendship; it’s power is significant in person but just as much so at great distance or over long stretches of not seeing or talking to that friend:
- this morning an email from MW advising of her father’s recent death – along with a few comments to put my trivial tribulations in perspective – thank you !
- this morning a call from KT reminding my what caring loving incredibly kind people I am luck enough to know; their pains, their losses, their struggle makes my little problems seem so insignificant – thank you !
+ I had 2 visitors yesterday:
- much traveled DL came by for an overdue Mark & Gusta visit – thank you !
- Krista came up from Lethbridge to give me a very welcome dose of daughter therapy; a meal & a movie & lots of talk & lots of laughs – always fun to provide dating advice to my daughters, my best friends – thank you !
. . .
“ The hardest part of anything is the beginning, and the second hardest part is letting go when it's the end. ” - E. Fritz
. . .
time to cook breakfast & get KK on her way & read the Sunday New York Times & turn my attention to that pile called work; ignored yesterday, it cries for relief
. . .
Mark
343,088

responses invited – scroll down to fill in your comments

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?