Monday, July 18, 2005

 

Monday July 18, 2005 - Year 3, Day 120 - if I make the effort

+10C, chance of thunderstorms, chilly damp breeze; our walk short . .more later

the Monday morning tone we set to govern the week is so important I think; I enjoy the blank page, the ‘to be started’ volleys of phone tag, email tag, meetings, tours, writing, rewriting, re-rewriting, negotiations, errands & stirring up that is in front of me & that is just before lunch

whether I am swimming [great metaphor for a non-swimmer to use I suppose] against or with the flow, some things are just torture – my heart, head & energy are just not in them

but when an opportunity or problem engages me, then there is an effortlessness about it

it consumes me, it brings out energy I had no idea was lurking there

habits come in all forms; the ones I like to watch are the ones which give rise to that feeling of effortlessness

things like this . . like writing; it is absorbing, time flies by . . . it feels so comfortable; that too is a test worth applying to everything I do

today I have to deal with several important matters for me . . . several for clients too; each one is difficult, each one energizes me, each one is good reason to set aside all those other things sitting on my desk for another day, focused on where my energy is best unleashed

unleashed; not spent, but set free . . . if only I make the effort

how I start my day DOES affect my demeanor & effectiveness – it will prevail all week

my day will be productive, my smile will be turned upward, my in-touch-ed-ness with people today will be highly focused; the week will bring out the best in me, the best in others, but only if I make the effort

if it is to be, it is up to me

that is, if I make the effort


Mark
342,896
responses invited – scroll down to fill in your comments

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?