Friday, July 15, 2005

 

July 15 responses

Morning Mark Your comments this morning bring to mind a piece of poetry. ( I think by Matthew Arnold??)"Do not go gentle into that good night, Rage, Rage against the dying of the light. Degenerate sons and daughters, Life is too strong for you. It takes Life to love life." Or something close to that. I have not read that poem in years, but the first two lines ring in my head often. Perhaps I just excel at tilting at windmills. take care and snuggle that cute puppy!, NB
. . .
life is about both always...the weather is always changing inside and out...so defiantly NOT going with the flow will defiantly be challenged by the point of view called going with the flow within moments or days....how about just getting centered as an option...thnx for your sharing...LM
. . .
Mark, you've really spoken to me today. I applaud your enthusiasm and lust for life -- don't ever let go of that energy. Thanks for sharing., JP
. . .
Great musing today -- I totally related to it. What does age have to do with living? I've always wondered, how should I act "at my age?" I have no intentions of going quietly either. I have been labelled a free spirit since I was young because I always played by my own rules -- leaping into things, sometimes foolishly, sometimes not so much but always with an open mind and fierce determination. My life is not a chore or day-to-day drudgery to me, even when my day consists of laundry, cleaning and yard work. It just isn't in me to look at life that way. As much as my business is challenging and exciting, I also still take pleasure in getting all my ironing done on laundry day!!, CC
. . .
Hi Mark: First time replying but look forward to everyday. As you can see, comes up on the company site which I have to check daily. Thus I have the opportunity to catch you and the much appreciated break from the work, work, work that seems to fill my days. Outside the box is great, but find so few who are willing to step out and take a look around. We seem to feel more comfortable and secure sitting inside and yearningly staring at those few who dare to do the unthinkable. Going against the flow is hard work, tiring and continual, but the unrestrained joy of finally reaching the outset is worth the pain. Have seen too many heartbreaks, trying to fitinto the box that everyone else seems to feel should restrain me has taught me that living outside is the freedom that we all need to grow and expand our horizons. When we go against the flow of mainstream life, and strike out on our own to find ourselves, we have no one to blame for our pain but ourselves, and somehow that seems to relegate it to an inconsequential ache, so easily bearable that it no longer has the ability to fill our minds and souls with ugliness. My heartfelt prayer for you and yours is that you find the joy inherent in living outside the box, and the strength to continue the fight against the constant drain of the mainstream of life. Thanks for allowing me to muse along with you. CH
. . .
Funny, I had never considered the "go with the flow" phrase to be one of conformity, or staying within the lines, although it seems obvious now. I have always used it in two ways, 1) to help me out when I am out of my element, in a new or unusual situation, and more often 2) when life throws new directions at me that weren't "in the plans" I sometimes have to convince myself to "go with the flow". So for me, the phrase should be "go with the flow of the universe", used sparingly when the opportunity seems right. NI
. . .
Dear Mark: I loved the theme go with the flow and agree with your philosophy that one must find their own flow and be comfortable with it. Just returned from one weeks holiday on the back of a Goldwing and did a lot of thinking about life. You know everyone should each day should look into themselves and ask the question, "Where am I today". Have a great day and enjoy your walk with Gusta. , SM
. . .
Mark: "Go with the flow" always meant to me that life itself was like a river - whether flooding a field or merely a trickle of a creek tumbling over pebbles - swirling in eddies or stagnant trapped by fallen tree limbs - flowing with the river it encounters wild rapids and waterfalls - it symbolized to me all the events that affect the lives of us all - at times quiet and serene and at times tumultuous and turbulent but always filled with diversity and wondrous surprises at each curve in its path, SS
. . .
Sorry I didn't get back to you.......timing.....it's all timing. I'm off to Slave Lake this am. I have friends up there for the weekend and as I have never been there before I thought I'd live life on the edge (smile). I'll try to connect with you Saturday or Sunday. Have a great weekend!, CD (from the north!)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?