Friday, July 22, 2005

 

Friday July 22, 2005 - Year 3, Day 124 - frenetic Friday awaits

14C, muggy, overcast . . . Gusta explored the tall grass for dead mice, I swatted squadrons of mosquitoes, the neighbourhood rushed off to work . . . we walked on . . and on . . . and on

the back ribs @ Boston Pizza are not the most elegant combo of ambience & style . . but they are very good eating; Krista [kk] and I took my dad there . . . his favourite dinner; he asked me to pass on his many thanks to those who sent birthday greetings

chasing bad guys around town in a chopper sounds like fun; kk had a double mission coming to Calgary yesterday; she was doing a ride-along in the Calgary Police Service helicopter last night .

full frenetic Friday awaits . . . followed by more relaxed Saturday [good theory, not likely to come true !] which is just fine; I am having a blast

I experienced a busy productive successful week; my level observation heightened by an acute appreciation of the level of excitement, energy and effectiveness in my efforts, in the efforts of others I am working with; starting something built on new ideas supported by experiences of previous successes, of failures well remembered and the enthusiasm that comes from harnessing the energy that seems to ooze out of our pores . . . sweet feeling

happy weekend all !

Mark
342,800

responses invited – scroll down to fill in your comments

Comments:
Greetings Mark! I really like that our weather seems to parallel so easily at times, but would prefer you send some of your more fecund rainfall our southern way. I am not personally against sunshine but enough can be enough when the temp climbs to the 90's. Griping and moaning about it was cut short yesterday when a boy I write to acknowledged the package I sent and said it was 130F in Iraq this week. Chastened, I practiced gratitude the rest of the day for our easy weather and am rewarded with overcast and cool today on my day off. I will invite the dog to drag me around Tubb's Hill before the gig tonight and it is soooo easy to be grateful. Walk in Beauty, Mark!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?