Wednesday, June 15, 2005

 

Wednesday June 15, 2005 - Year 3, Day 87 ubi dubium musing

+7C, sunny, calm . . going to +18
. . .
usual sightings this morning – joggers, dogs with owners in tow, but continued absence of deer – they might be on the other side of Fish Creek waiting for the water to subside from last week’s flooding; walking while so many are struggling with rush hour traffic is a sweet reward – I’d rather make a 15 minute trip later than spend an hour listening to drive time radio
. . .
I read words & write words not just because I love words – I question myself, struggling for answers, struggling to ask better questions - to find clarity, to find my way
. . .
my message to you is not to look to me for insight – but to look to yourself; you know the questions that are right for you
. . .
my questions, my questing seems to resonate with some . . . while others simply hit ‘delete’
. . .
sometimes the answers, validation, clarity I seek comes like a bolt of lighting, sometimes like a nerf ball
. . .
yesterday 1 call from a previous client asking me for my help on a new project, 1 call from a friend saying ‘sure, that’s easy . . . I’ll show you how’ – and by day’s end new opportunities were in abundance again
. . .
maybe opportunities are like those stars – always there, but harder to see in the daylight because a stronger force makes it hard to see them
. . .
I came across a website that translates common phrases & sayings from Spanish to English arranged in alphabetical order; some were humorous – many were beautiful as are they challenging to roll off the tongue; this beautiful language I know only piquito
. . .
these struck me as an extraordinary sequence . . . each has its merit, but the grouping really grabbed me:
Ubi amor, ibi oculus - Where love is, there is insight
Ubi dubium ibi libertas - Where there is doubt, there is freedom
Ubi fumus, ibi ignis - Where there's smoke, there's fire
Ubi spiritus est cantus est - Where there is spirit there is song
Ubicumque homo est, ibi benefici locus est - Wherever there is a man, there is a place of/for kindness/service
. . .
where there is a question I wrestle with, I have the answer deep within me
. . .
Ubi amor, ibi oculus
. . .
Mark
343,688

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?