Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

Tuesday June 21, 2005 - Year 3, Day 93 the oy of writing musing

+11C, calm, sunny, going to +28
. . .
invigorating walk for me, hyperactive adventure in a tall grass rain forest for a pup - no critter in sight except me & my dawg
. . .
this day is not more or less important than is any other day
. . .
today is supremely important
. . .
every day is supremely important
. . .
I hate going to bed on June 20 because I sleep through twilight as the longest day of the year begins - last night was clear with a full moon blazing & coyotes howling for the 2nd night in a row
. . .
my longest day of the year will be spent – in part – on a golf course; the REIX annual golf day & dinner is @ Glen Eagles in Cochrane today – much laughter ahead today
. . .
the book I got from Carla & Krista for Fathers Day – The Joy of Writing by Pierre Berton – has the title in black bold face except for the letter J, which is a sweeping red graphic; in a quick glance the title appear as ‘The Oy of Writing’ . . . I like that
. . .
I got a big hug when I saw GS on a street corner yesterday - your hair looks great [curls ! . .who knew?] . . . good to see you looking & feeling so good . . . a call too from LR on the weekend; 2 great chats about shifting priorities, 2 great reminders cancer CAN be beaten – humbling reminders we could be all among the company of those whose cancer cannot be cured
. . .
Oy !
. . .
as each season ends I compile the musings + responses in a single PDF file – in part to keep an archive but also to print for my dad to read; if anyone would like a PDF of Spring 2005 [or any other season for that matter Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter – 2003, 2004], just send an email to musing@maxcomm.ca
. . .
today begins a 2nd day of water rationing in Calgary; while flood waters recede water treatment facilities cannot put out water as quickly as we use it; hard to imagine people washing cars & watering lawns . . . but that’s what fines are for !
. . .
much work do before tee-time . . gotta run
. . .
Mark
343,544

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?