Tuesday, June 14, 2005

 

Tuesday June 14, 2005 Year 3, Day 86 more & more is really better musing

+6C, sunny . . . going to 19 !
. . .
everyone basking in sunshine; kids at the bus stop were laughing, neighbours ventured out to survey rain damage & construction workers look happy to be working again
. . .
fresh sunshine energizes – waking to sunshine vis-à-vis another day of rain improves my disposition
. . .
most days I am awash in ideas, enveloped by information coming my way, busy with the many things I have been organizing & rushing my way through things – through life - to be available for, available to do
. . .
yet each day seems to be short about 8 hours, not because of any lack of motivation, but because I have – as do so many people – learned how to organize, digitize, prioritize & analyze 3 days work into 1 . . 15 days into 5 . . . doing more & more
. . .
when we do more & more, do we do better & better ?
. . .
I’ve always been rushing through life trying to save time, to be more efficient, to be more effective – I am sure we all do some of that
. . .
I used to be an early adopter of calendaring software, Palm Pilot . . . more than many of my ‘same age’ peers – getting more & more efficient juggling more & more
. . .
while I am not into the crack-berry world, clearly I spend a lot of my time interacting with the http:// world . . . connecting more with Google than with people many days
. . .
I was struck by a comment from someone – crisply & disdainfully dismissing something worth because, in their words, ‘I don’t have time for this nonsense’; I wonder how many times, especially when I was much younger, that comment could just as easily have been mine
. . .
on days when self doubt creeps into my life I question every bloody thing I do, beat myself up a little about some things I’ve done or tried to do that, in retrospect, appear like total wastes of time
. . .
but then – just when I least expect it, there comes a sign – a revelation of some kind which demonstrates to me that the time spent along the way, the learning done, the relationships cultivated DO pay off one day – just no way of knowing in advance which things . . . or which day they will pay off
. . .
so this day – again – I will do more & more because I am driven a little
. . .
OK, so maybe I am driven a lot
. . .
I am living life as WHO I AM, enjoying every tumultuous day
. . .
Krista stopped by last night for a short visit; she was returning to Lethbridge after a weekend in Edmonton . . . she’s doing great
. . .
Dog report: Gusta discovered two new species yesterday, the squirrel & the robin – both impossible to catch but she doesn’t know that yet; also she met an Irish Setter who lives down the hall . . . stay tuned
. . .
have a smiley face day
. . .
Mark
343,712

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?