Thursday, June 30, 2005

 

Thursday June 30, 2005 - Year 3, Day 102 - won time

+ 10C, sunny, heating up toward afternoon thundershowers
. . .
yesterday we walked all the way down to Fish Creek to find the banks have widened by another 15-20 metres, more trees gone & bridge abutment repairs are eroded again; this morning my quiet walk in the woods was uneventful except for swatting following a prolific mosquito hatch but walking fast was a preferred solution
. . .
my mind is all over this morning – churning yesterday, planning today, daydreaming a little
. . .
I’ve rewritten this piece 4 times already – finding as I often do that putting something on the screen, on paper or just top of mind gets a process rolling – the idea soon discarded or else developed off in another direction; a full day of work & meetings ahead has my focus diverted
. . .
the challenge I find some days is to put my thoughts on this page for all to see, or to hide some of them as they are too private, too personal, too something . . . and often too those thoughts relate to other people & things that are not my story to tell
. . .
I am thinking of one friend’s excruciating pain
. . .
today I am without understanding & knowing what to say that might help; to know that you made someone else’s life a great place to be, albeit for a short while, may be the best reward of all & comforting in your grief
. . .
I am thinking of another friend’s adventurous pleasure trip
. . .
and with each thrill comes the opportunity for a spill; with each unexpected reaction comes a choice
. . .
I am thinking about today’s work, tomorrow’s rest
. . .
I am thinking of the collision of ideas I witness daily – looking to harness some more effectively recognizing that this is what I do daily
. . .
every day I would like to harness some more – in part to have thrilling challenging rewarding things to do, in part because the adrenaline is intoxicating
. . .
and, maybe, the world gets a tiny bit better because of something I played a roll in
. . .
then, regardless of outcome, I won
. . .
is it people, or notions, or ideas, or opportunities, or accident that causes magical things to occur ?
. . .
or the collision of them reaching 1 point at 1 time
. . .
1 time
. . .
won time
. . .
won ton
. . .
dim sum
. . .
lunch inspiration comes early today ! . . see you at noon MH
. . .
Mark
342,328

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?