Thursday, June 23, 2005

 

Thursday June 23, 2005 - Year 3, Day 95 loving & living & anguish musing

+7C, sunny & cooler this morning following overnight rain
. . .
caffeine & fresh air & sunshine help me overcome fatigue from a brutally long albeit pleasant day yesterday . . . a nice long walk, beautiful morning
. . .
Toastmasters we had a great meeting last night at Toastmasters; lots of new visitors out including one fellow I used to work with 25+ years ago
. . .
thanks to those who have given me feedback on the blog-city format; I will try to tweak the format . . . let me know if the changes make it easier for your to read
. . .
my motor now running at high pitch; wet dog at my feet, yesterday’s email sorted & read, papers skimmed & some catch up chats
. . .
so often I think I tend [don’t we all?] to mostly think of love in the romantic sense, the sizzling buzz of joy & sweat, the meshing of two spirits, but when I hear first hand from people very special in my life – as they tell me about things that touch them – stories of people I have never met but feel I know to some degree in a vicarious fashion; when I listen to my friends tell me how they are at one moment torn/peaceful/joyous & in agony – all those emotions colliding at once for the loss of that person who has been such an incredible influence on their life – it reminds me what love truly is, truly ought to be . . . to recognize that which matters most
. . .
one friend/muser just lost a dear friend & former business partner – he died in a hospice following lengthy illness while another friend/muser waits in a daily vigil, watching one of those meshed hearts beating inside a body engaged in a futile cancer driven battle
. . .
it is hard to imagine that level of emotional exhaustion – that level / mixture of loving & living & anguish – of not wanting to let go while at the same time wanting that loved on to be at peace
. . .
when we focus on that which matters most, when we focus on who matters most, we have an extraordinary opportunity to live, perhaps to love, with integrity; what could be better ?
. . .
Mark

343,496

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?