Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

Sunday June 5, 2005 - Year 3, Day 77 farmers get it musing

+11C, overcast, raining lots
. . .
Gusta & I walked for an hour early this morning in & before departing for Calgary; a quiet Sunday morning in suburban north Edmonton & certainly much drier than it would have been in Calgary
. . .
the highway I’ve driven so many times . . . the view straight ahead of dotted lines & tail lights lightly lit by brooding clouds - - -
. . .
but a look to either side reveals freshly planted fields of green – the planting done – a metaphor for working hard planting many seeds to, hopefully, reap a harvest later
. . .
farmers get it
. . .
every day we have a chance to plant seeds, cultivate a crop or to reap a harvest, but we won’t reap much if we stop planting
. . .
the comforting quiet of home . . . the chance for a nap after dog walking & before launching into my regular Sunday project & a good night’s sleep tonight in a familiar bed . . . ahhh . . hard to beat a good sleep
. . .
driving home my head was busy . . working through some strategy for the week ahead; mulling some old memories triggered by the Edmonton visit; arriving home . . no matter how much unpacking & laundry & forgotten chores wait for me is a comfort I never imagined when I was younger . . . so comforting
. . .
I had a great visit + golf + some fabulous salmon with Maureen yesterday . . . seems she’s a dog lover after all !
. . .
Mark
343,928

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?