Sunday, June 26, 2005

 

Sunday June 26, 2005 - Year 3, Day 98 - less stream, more consciousness

+10C, sunny, chance of showers
. . .
Sunday morning papers read, caffeine level high, we ventured out; so calm, so quiet - tall stands of grass not previously explored capture Gusta’s attention – trees & a creek capture mine
. . .
I had a quiet ‘do a 100 little things’ day yesterday & dog walking & car washing & reading capped by dinner with a new prospect
. . .
meeting/dating new people – that intriguing though often arduous process of telling the same stories over & over again – making efforts to tell them more insightfully, in part listening for new insights, different reactions etc.
. . .
I am a talker, yet lately I see myself spending more time listening – oddly, I learn more !
. . .
this last year walking in the woods [perhaps my Thoreau / Muir period !] I see nature lessons for me in so many things; everything natural so interconnected & interdependent ecosystems working so well – even when that brings a big flood to change that landscape – it alls seems to work quite well without any thinking or ‘human brain’ intervention
. . .
things just ‘are’, earth turns, seasons change, a growing season will be a little damp but a growing season it will be nonetheless & many streams will follow an altered course
. . .
my landscape gets eroded from time to time – when it does I know I struggle & strain trying vainly to keep the same old flow going, rather than following a new direction, a new course – doing it with deliberateness as the NEW natural & correct course
. . .
I see how insignificant human involvement is in the natural world all around us – yet this human critter seems to think he can think his way through the obstacles of life – maybe it is time that I think less & just let the course of life flow
. . .
ohmygawd . . I just said ‘go with the flow’ !
. . .
I’ve always resisted that notion so strongly – always trying to make the flow go my way
. . .
maybe ‘stream of consciousness’ should be more about stream & less about consciousness
. . .
Mark
343,424

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?