Sunday, June 19, 2005

 

Sunday June 19, 2005 - Year 3, Day 91 paternal musing

+5C, rains have stopped . . . for now at least, sunny . . . going to 20 !
. . .
yesterday’s flooded path subsided so we walked all the way to Fish Creek – to see water at least 2 metres higher than last week, tree debris decimated parts to the new sturdy timber rails of the bridge . . . clearly the water was much higher; Gusta found robin & killdeer stalking more interesting . . . the sun feels great
. . .
father’s day means more & more to me each year; in part because I am one – in part because each year I better appreciate the great one I have – I’ll have dinner with him tonight
. . .
“My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ”
- Clarence B. Kelland
. . .
as a father I would like to follow Kelland’s advice & my father’s example – I have stuck my nose in more often than I should in their business, overstepped boundaries without meaning to some times – but mostly I am proud of my daughters Carla & Krista in ways I would never have imagined; I don’t deserve the credit but I do get some bragging rights !
. . .
yesterday was a ‘hang out at home’ watch golf, read & make a big pot of chicken black bean noodle soup day. . . missing the chaos of some neighbourhoods dealing with Elbow River flooding as Calgary & many other communities in southern Alberta declared a State of Emergency
. . .
a reminder that, no matter how smart we are & whatever massive structures we construct, nature has a way of having its way as it has for quite a while now – one would think in our 50,000 years of humanness we might of realized that yet we build on flood plains & wonder why homes get wet !
. . .
off to coffee with CM . . gotta run
. . .
Mark
343,592

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?