Saturday, June 25, 2005

 

Saturday June 25, 2005 - Year 3, Day 97 déjà new musing

+9C, overcast, risk of thunderstorms
. . .
walking in light rain – always one of my favorite things – just wet enough to get chilly, light enough to feel refreshing, just long enough to not feel drenched – always wonderful to come in from to something hot to drink & warm to eat
. . .
looking forward & looking back seems the same sometimes; as if déjà vu meets déjà new
. . .
doing something new, meeting someone new, embarking on something new conjures memories of all those ‘new’ moments that have come & gone, all those memories marked by some recollection of a moment around a fire-pit, an ‘a-ha!’ moment in a meeting, a yes & yes when least expected . . . or the creativity artistry of a squeezable ketchup bottle applied with direction & force . . . these moment are indelible for a reason
. . .
these moments happen leaving indelible impressions – like the deep grooves on a 78 – because we have reached out & been open - at the same time that someone else was open
. . .
as time passes, those déjà vu where laughter & smiles & love were involved become stronger, more vivid, more treasured . . . while the traumatic ones seem to fade a little more each year
. . .
“ Middle age is when you’ve met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else.” – Ogden Nash
. . .
some impressions are indelible – some memories too strong to ever erase yet others slip from view as distance in time makes them harder & harder to recall
. . .
touch someone – anyone; touch them today, let them touch you today – for every day all we have is today; time is all we have, relationships are all that matter
. . .
puppy report: Gusta discovered ‘fetch & carry’ function of sticks yet seems to think anything with bark is consumable
. . .
Mark

343,448

Note to readers:
your responses, replies & feedback are invited & valued – just scroll down to ‘Comments/Trackback’ & fill in your comments

P.S.: muser feedback from yesterday:
Having recently lost my husband of 23 years to cancer, I find myself thinking about getting back in the singles market. As you know..finding a fit is not always easy. Some entertain your mind...some entertain your body. But no one knows who you are or why you have become the person you are. I had a fellow ask me a while back how I got a certain scar on my hand, it's a remarkable story (from an aircraft accident that I was blessed to survive)...I then realized no one knows my history. No one knows my accomplishments, my failures, my love of family and friends. My love of children and the deep despair of not being able to conceive a child. We look at "partners" differently at this age. When I was young I wanted someone who would be a good husband...a good provider...a good father. Being a good lover didn't really matter...we would learn together with time. Truth be told, I was looking for my father...someone who would take care of me. Now at 43 I am financially secure enough...children are not a possibility and I have learned I can "love myself" so what is it that I am lacking? What do I expect of a man? Do we enter in to relationships far too casually now? Not really expecting them too work...a "lover du jour?" Will casual relationships cause a lack of respect for myself and erode my sense of self-worth? Am I still loveable? With all this wisdom and insight I have earned...am I fooling myself on love? Am I looking for someone who doesn't exist? I am just a woman...alone...looking for someone who fits...who might rescue me from what my life has become...someone who will not smother me...who will not get sick and die on me...someone who remembers me singing and dancing on top of the piano or imagines I still could... "someone who will be a witness to my life." Some days are really good...some days "it only hurts when I breath" - Mellisa Ethridge. (I know...some grief counseling may be in order eh?), VD

Mark, please keep pondering on this subject as I will need some help to submit the proposal (deadline is July 1st) for the Educ. Session at the Nov. Conference of TM. It will be interesting having a businessman's perspective on "Relationship Building" although I don't think you are the 'archetypical' businessman and you certainly express a great deal of 'enconium' for relationships of all sorts and sizes! I will call you to set up a meeting for Tues, June 28th perhaps?, EC

Hi Mark: I just opened the most recent photos of Gusta and, wow, she's beautiful. It's the eyes - there's something about those eyes that intrigues. Tks for sharing, KJ

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?