Saturday, June 18, 2005

 

Saturday June 18, 2005 - Year 3, Day 90 just an ‘other’ day musing

+8C, raining still but supposed to stop this morning
. . .
rabbit observances, storm water ponds overflowing, more desecrated landscaping greeted us on our morning constitutional . . . Gusta met an older male ! . . a retriever named Caleb
. . .
another day & opportunity to make the world go around . . . or to just hang on for the ride
. . .
when my eyes are closed [literally or figuratively] I miss so much; when they are open, when I am open, when my ears are open I get to take in data, filter it or discard it or use it – I get to make it mine if I want !
. . .
some days, eyes wide open, I see nothing, feel nothing & learn nothing
. . .
other days – I see a cornucopia of worth & value in the worthy & valuable, I see strength in the weak, weakness in the strong, beauty & truth where there was nothing, nothing where there was promise, promise where there was a whiff of an idea, potential where there was a whiff of promise
. . .
yesterday was an ‘other’ day
. . .
yesterday was a great day for connecting with musers; coffee with MH . . .it turns out he & were both born in Estevan, but since he is 8 yrs. my junior, that would have been about the time my family moved to Red Deer . . small world, good chat & new friend made; connected too with SE & plan to meet next week
. . .
DB & I attended a party at JS’s last night; nice people & great fun - a single mingle jumble where all the good conversation took place away from the crowd – a hearth to hearth chat in front of the fireplace with someone from Estevan & Torquay who knew members of my family – really small world !
. . .

“There are two ways of meeting difficulties: You alter the difficulties or you alter yourself to meet them.” - Phyllis Bottorne
. . .
I circulated some pictures of Gusta yesterday – anyone not on that distribution list who would like them, just email me & I will put you on the list

. . .
Mark
343,616

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?