Saturday, June 11, 2005

 

Saturday June 11, 2005 - Year 3, Day 83 pizza, the perfect breakfast musing

+13C, light rain abated for a while, overcast, risk of thunderstorms
. . .
wet paths & a light breeze for the Saturday morning dog walk . . . lots of lap dogs encountered – Gusta looks like a hyperactive Clydesdale horse mixing it up with miniature poodles yet an hour later she sleeps exhausted at my feet . . fed & recharging for the next expedition; last night we went to the Fish Creek bridge . . . water level is still high but down about 1.5 metres from the other day
. . .
words of support & encouragement are extraordinary energizing things; when we receive them we find energy comes out of nowhere – when we give them, what are we doing for others ? . . . which makes me wonder if I do that enough ??
. . .
to MH – a first time responder to musings [see below] ; your words have a lot of lift & I am sure they will resonate with many as they do with me – many thanks
. . .
to GL – our history is long . . . 33 years I think, though prior to her death I liked Pia lots & you not very much; since then you have risen to many challenges most of us would shrink from; you have raised a 1 yr old into a fine young man, you & I have been on both sides of the mentor/mentored fence many times & laughed through some very tough ones; lately you have given me much help, encouragement, instruction & ideas – I just want you to know how grateful I am for all those things – but most of all for your friendship
. . .
to the other 3600 of you . . . thanks for coming along on this daily ride – a chance for each of us to look beneath the surface + witness others opening up their joys & sorrows too – I am indebted to all of you for a speaker is mute without an audience, weak without critique & never alone knowing you are there
. . .
the BEST part of rising Saturday without a partner or guest around is the lack of competition for breakfast pizza leftovers from Friday night & reading papers alone & not having to discuss anything with anyone
. . .
the WORST part of rising Saturday without a partner or guest is not having someone to have shared pizza with last night while watching a re-run of ‘A River Runs Through It’ on TV, but then there might not be any pizza left for breakfast
. . .
Mark
343,784

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?