Friday, June 10, 2005

 

more June 10 response

LH ... I need to share this with you. About 23 years ago , my brother (25) passed away as a result of a car accident. He was one of 7 kids in the family and it hit everyone hard but I don't think quite as devastating as it was for my parents. My Dad was very upset BUT it traumatized my mother. She tried to cope, read many books about handling grief, talked incessantly to those who would listen about 'Donnie' but it never seemed enough to stop the pain she was going through. She had grief counseling by our minister which helped her somewhat but eventually through time , she learned to accept 'Donnie's' fate. (So we thought) My Mother passed away three years ago and while going through her things, we came across many journals that she started writing after 'Donnie' died. This is what we think may have helped her cope with this unnecessary and unexpected death of her son. LH , maybe this is something that you can try. It may be comforting to you to put your feelings on paper. I am so sorry for your loss and wish thevery best for you and the rest of your family. CC

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?