Monday, June 06, 2005

 

June 6 response

I have not read the musing when LH shared the important event of her child's passing...I have nothing much to say about it except that I have cried over you this morning just imagining what you may be going through...Its a wirlwind of emotions thats for sure...I have some experience with grief, as my husband passed away in 2003, and my friend lost her 6 year old daughter. I don't know what its like for you, because your grief is your own and no one elses, but when this happened to me, it felt like someone had taken my world and turned it upside down -It was hard to eat, and I lost a lot of weight...(Ensure, or other over the counter drinks were good to keep handy...for those days when you forget to eat, or can't eat.) Peace be with you in this difficult time. For some reason, the song 'You'll Never Walk Alone' comes to mind right now. I thought I would write this because it may be significant. With love, GH

Mark, I liked your musing today. You created a nice painting with your words; you did it nicely...unpretentiously. GH

I grew up in the Oliver neighbourhood, attending Oliver Elementary for six years. That sure brings back a lot of memories, including the one when our teacher helped our grade 4 class raise money (thru bake and hotdog sales) to take a trip to Hawaii for 10 days. Sad, but that would not happen these days due to all kinds of regulations and safety concerns. Glad I grew up then and was able to experience spending 10 days in Hawaii with 22 other 10 year olds. Thanks for reminding me of that, it brought a big smile to my face, RB

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?