Saturday, June 04, 2005

 

June 4 response

Good day, Mark. Having grown up in the Oliver area myself, then into Glenora, you may have noticed two benches on the Victoria Promenade which we put up first for our grandfather, William (Bill) Sterne (wonderful gentleman) and then one for our mother, Mary Pardee, celebrating her 80th birthday in 1999. She lives just 1/2 block away from the Promenade on 118th Street, and has logged probably 1,000 km on the Promenade with her 91 year old sister who lives 3 blocks away! Isn't it great to walk/drive through the old 'hood? Have a good one., MP

you know mark, i have wondered about the "not forgotten" many times. i feel that there is some sort of cosmic click, expressed in eye contact, or a shared laugh, or incredible grief that makes a snapshot like presence in my mind and heart. some people that I have shared those times with have been my intimates, but at other times it is someone I have never met or seen since, yet connection to me is engraved forever to be brought out and cherished at odd times. kg in LA

Muser support has been very warming to my heart. You've offered a shoulder to cry on, if only closer & many many encouraging thoughts. NB said death could not break the bond between mother & child, you are so very very correct, but death certainly makes it lonely & seem so final. You know, I think I've realized that nothing in life is final except death. It is the final separation that we so desperately fear from our loved ones. I know someday I will be reunited with Taylor in heaven, but until then I will love him & miss him with all my heart & soul. He will always be a light that shines within me. I don't know how to go through this & fear to close my eyes for sleep, it seems difficult to breathe or eat. Food just gets stuck. I appreciate your many many thoughts & words of wisdom. I am saving them in a folder so I can regain strength from them when the loneliness & hurt is so excruciating. LaDonna

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?