Monday, June 27, 2005

 

June 27 Response

Hi Mark. I was just wondering if you had heard from LaDonna lately. I have not seen her posting any messages on your musings, I was thinking about her and wondering how she was coping with her loss. If you hear from her, please let her know that people are still thinking about her., NB
Mark, Sandra here in rainy Coeur d'Alene, Idaho! Speaking of goals, yesterday I was one of the thousands of volunteers for the Ironman Triathlon here in CDA, where athletes, swim 2.5 miles in the chilly lake, bike 120 miles, and then run a full 26 mile marathon!! They begin at 7 in the morning, end at midnight, fifteen hours later. To get the official medal, and to be recorded, you must complete it before midnight. Others keep streaming across the finish line well after midnight! As I stood at the finish line just before the final minutes, with the rock music blaring, the supportive and jubilant crowd cheering the runners, I broke into tears as three BLIND athletes, with their supportive team members all hooking arms, triumphantly entered the last stretch. Over 2000 men and women, young, and old, have personally overcome many defeats, obstacles, but as I heard their stories, the consistent theme was that the greatest challenge lies in their own thinking and mind! I woke up this morning in an altered state, due to an immersion experience with all that dynamic positive energy, purpose, but most of all BELIEF, that this was possible to complete!!!, SW

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?