Saturday, June 11, 2005

 

June 11 response

To: PM - maybe it is something in the air - I am also feeling the need for validation - have spent most of the day doing housework and berating myself for feeling sorry for myself when I should be grateful for the things in my life that are right. To: Mark - Are we just looking for someone to share our leftover pizza for breakfast? Being on your own has its owns joys and sorrows. If I book a golf game at Stewart Creek during next week or the following, what day works for you? , AW

Mark, I must confess that I haven't been reading your musings for a while ... time and mind-set, I suppose. ... feeling a bit out of the loop; but in today's I'm hearing some loss, pain and continuing on with life ... I buried, with two friends a week ago, their 32 year old step-son and son ... due to a life of addiction and self-abuse. There are few or no words that can comfort but our presence, an embrace, a warm hand and continuing to be there afterwards. Beside the pain and gap in our heart, what can we take away? We've heard it all ... life is precious, not to be wasted, live each moment ... and only truly know these truths when we've gone to a depth of loss personally. Although you may not have originally known what would come of your musings, thanks for providing a place for others to share, be heard and to hear that they are not alone in their experience, DAAM

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?