Friday, June 24, 2005

 

Friday June 24, 2005 - Year 3, Day 96 is it real, is it worth it, can I win ? musing

+11C, sunny, light breeze
. . .
hyper-active dog drags owner around trail; my walk this morning was more like a light sprint trying to keep up with Gusta – enjoying greenscape blurring by
. . .
I was wondering what creates chemistry – what catches attention – what inspires two people to collaborate; whether it is sparks of romance, collaborators in a business concept, choosing of one supplier over another or selling to a customer – whatever the relationship context – I think there are magic moments sprinkled with fairy dust that determine direction
. . .
but I wonder – which are the moments where almost all the ingredients are in place, but the fairy dust is missing ? . . how do we know ?
. . .
when things are going really well I rarely stop to examine elements of success in my failures or elements of failure in my successes - I am too busy racing ahead
. . .
I used to have a screensaver reminder for qualifying prospective client leads: ‘Is it real ? is it worth it ? can I win ?’
. . .
often I have found what seemed to be ‘a magic moment’ only to find that I had drastically misread some signals, assumed too much, drawn conclusions from someone’s comments only to find they were not what I thought them to be
. . .
over the years I have had more right-reads than mis-reads I think, but every now & again I have some experience that makes me wonder, makes me say ‘huh?’ . . . or ask ‘Mark, what were you thinking ?’
. . .
when I thought there was a spark, did I read it right, did I handle it well, did I measure my words effectively ?
. . .
experience has taught me that, notwithstanding momentary self-doubt, the best course of action is to be me, be myself, express myself openly & take some little risks
. . .
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Dr. Seuss
. . .
maybe I should re-do my screen saver !
. . .
it is a gorgeous day with a ton of things on the ‘to-do’ list
. . .
bye
. . .
Mark

343,472

Note to readers:
your responses, replies & feedback are invited & valued – just scroll down to fill in your comments

musings posted daily @ http://markismusing.blogspot.com/ & http://markismusing.blog-city.com/

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?