Thursday, May 19, 2005

 

Year 3, Day 60 not a swimmer musing Thursday May 19, 2005

. . .
+8C, calm, cloudy
. . .
watching a big doe upwind of us . . studying us . . bounding a little on 4 springs . . observing . . bounding some more, then gone as quickly as she came; incredible design, remarkable beauty – 1 winded dog & I return for breakfast – the morning walk exhilarates
. . .
am I a witness to events, am I a participant in events . . . or am I the event ?
. . .
are you a witness to events, a participant in them . . or are you the event ?
. . .
sitting on the sidelines is safe, an easy vantage point – or so it seems
. . .
but that’s not necessarily safe or smart either
. . .
ships are usually safe in a harbour, but that’s not what ships are for [I can’t recall who made that great metaphor] . . . but it seems so true to me now
. . .
these past few weeks the creative urge to do something in the area of internet-business keeps surfacing; not to the point of abandoning my primary livelihood – but more than just wondering out loud if such an adventure makes sense
. . .
my inclination is that it is riskier not to do something than to sit on the sidelines watching 15-25 yr olds having all the fun simply because they understand the technology
. . .
35 yrs of experience + some understanding of technology + some good ideas + some clever collaborators = risk/reward/thrills/spills/opportunity/choices/
. . .
I think I’ll put my toes in the water; correction, I think they are already in the water – maybe, better said I am toying with ‘both feet, deep end of the pool’ which mixes excitement, adrenaline & fun with fear of drowning
. . .
did I mention I am not a swimmer ?
. . .
thanks for those who responded with dog training ideas for MRK; they have been passed along
. . .
I am having lunch today with JD who I first met in 1969; first time we will have seen each other in 31 years; some catching up to do !
. . .
Mark
343,336

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?