Sunday, May 29, 2005

 

Sunday May 29, 2005 Year 3, Day 70 wait so patiently musing

+5C, clear, chilly breeze . . another great warm day ahead
. . .
a morning’s walk abbreviated . . . saving dog power for our trip to Bragg Creek [see below]
. . .
I’ve been asked many times whether I am a patient person – always saying YES or offering some quip about how I can be really patient for things that matter; truth be told I am not patient about those either . .
. . .
"Serene, I fold my hands and wait, Nor care for wind, nor tide, nor sea; I rave no more 'gainst time or fate, For lo! my own shall come to me."
– John Burroughs
. . .
many things bother me, but very little truly irritates – but there is nothing that tries my patience as much as when morning papers are really late, missing or stolen – especially on a weekend; this is the 4th morning in a row my Calgary Herald was very late & my Sunday New York Times even later . . . my routine & pleasure of spending my first 2-3 cups of coffee engrossed in newsprint disrupted - I hate that !
. . .
I think John Burroughs was waiting for the seasons to change or for an orchid to bloom – but I wonder if we would wait so patiently for his overdue papers ?
. . .
birthday greetings to DB & CK this morning . . . it seems these two friends of mine were born the same day [1 in Toronto, 1 in Lethbridge] 52 yrs ago at about the same time of day – each works in the same industry in Calgary - in any case happy birthday to both of you !
. . .
a great day Saturday; meeting with WB & JS was fun . . a day of work + capped by dinner w/mm & dessert
. . .
Gusta & I, camera in hand, are off to a morning walk in the woods & breakfast with Bill & Theresa et al @ Bragg Creek – the invite said “Come get initiated (you will understand what we mean soon)”
. . .
so we are off !
. . .
Mark
343,096

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?