Friday, May 27, 2005

 

more May 27 response

Mark, I have the quote from Maryanne Williamson on the wall of my office, but my quote attributes the author to Nelson Mandela!! Any light on this one? Sandra, From CDA, Idaho

I love this response from Couer d'Alene, Idaho: Our problem, as C.S. Lewis said, is not that we desire too much, but that we desire too little. Our appetites are not too big; they're too small. Desire was given to us as a good and holy gift. The most important mission is to bring our heart along in our life's journey....it all turns on what we do with desire. It takes courage to push off the beach and launch out into the deep, where our truest desires and deepest passions are restored.Also reminds me that two weeks ago today I was having lunch with my son in Couer d'Alene. That evening I was called back to Tennessee because my father was dying. We buried him 5 days ago. Now I am back in Maine, touching and catching up. CS

To LH in OK. Dear one, I am learning how to lose my father, in his right time, and a peaceful way. I do not believe I could every learn to lose as you are. My heart goes out to you with prayers of help and strength and courage as you and your family walk this dreadful pain. May you allow joy to return in its time. CS

Thanks Mark...Enjoyed our phone visit...look forward to you musings...and keeping in touch... My best, PC

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?