Monday, May 30, 2005

 

Monday May 30, 2005 Year 3, Day 71 falling like dew musing

+11C, clear, stiff warm wind from the east
. . .
we started late . . 5 deer grazing in the field behind my building; long relaxed walk - we spent lots of time at the Fish Creek bridge just watching water tumble along – a more subdued Gusta – nice
. . .
I worked most of the night so I am moving slow & late this morning; Monday morning is usually slow moving for me . . today especially so
. . .
I have been doing some brainstorming with some people far smarter than I about a new adventure – not sure where that is going to go, but the ideas, the creative juices are beginning to flow; I looked around for some inspiring techie quotes . . found none so good, none so appropriate as this one from long before the invention of the microprocessor or the nanosecond or any internet businesses:

“But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling, like dew, upon a thought produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions think.” - Lord Byron
. . .
I will be spilling some ink & sweat on the page today . . . . thank you Lord Byron
. . .
dog report: Gusta got her baptism of socializing with other dogs yesterday morning; she played for 3 hours with a 1 yr old Siberian husky, a 1 yr old black lab & a 5 yr old Bernese mountain dog . . the husky being the smallest of the three . . a great workout on a long hike in the foothills resulting in mostly sleep since then; when not in her kennel she likes the coolness of the acrylic chair pad in my office – which makes it nice to have a furry foot warmer, but we learned last week that ears & tails don’t mix well with chair castors . .ouch !
. . .
Mark
343,072

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?